Christopher is a partner in the finance group at Watson Farley & Williams (New York).
Focussed primarily on the maritime and aviation sectors, Chris frequently advises on asset-based loan facilities for ships and helicopters and lease financings. He also has extensive corporate experience, including advising in relation to joint ventures, strategic alliances and on the acquisition, disposal and restructuring of companies in addition to company filings and commercial contracts.
Having spent many years as a litigator, Chris is experienced in commercial litigation matters involving loan transactions, securities, swaps and derivatives and representation of creditors in insolvencies and workouts. He also advises financial institutions, borrowers and traders on commodities trading and environmental issues.
Chris is ranked in Band 3 for Transportation: Shipping/Maritime: Finance – USA – Nationwide in Chambers USA, noting that “He is intelligent, thoughtful and asks good questions.”
Her is also recommended as a key lawyer for Transport: Shipping – Finance in The Legal 500 US.
- Advising two international commodity trading companies with respect to a merger of their South American, United States and UK businesses.
- Advising secured lenders and DIP lenders with respect to the restructuring of distressed vessel loan facilities and warehousing facilities for vessels.
- Advising vessel owners and operators with respect to responses to private and government-based RFPs.
- Advising vessel owner with respect to a US$300m project financing of U.S. Jones Act tankers.
- Advising borrower with respect to Spanish ECA-backed vessel construction and financing.
- 1989 · St. John’s University School of Law, J.D.
- 1986 · State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A.
memberships & associations
- Members of the Maritime Law Association