Jan is an Associate in the Assets and Structured Finance group.
He advises banks, financial institutions, lenders and owners on all aspects of banking and finance law, especially in the area of asset finance transactions with a focus on the maritime sector, but he also has experience with other transport asset classes.
In addition, Jan has gained experience with sale and purchase transactions of vessels, as well as with M&A transactions and general corporate and commercial work.
Jan joined the London office of Watson Farley & Williams in 2022, having previously worked for another leading international law firm in Hamburg. Prior to this, Jan worked at Watson Farley & Williams’ Hamburg office.
Jan is admitted as a lawyer in Germany and England & Wales. He speaks native German.
- 2021 · Solicitor, England & Wales
- 2018 · Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Cape Town
- 2016 · Second State Exam, Higher Regional Court of Bremen, Germany
- 2014 · First State Exam, University of Bremen, Germany
memberships and associations
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- German Bar Association