Lucy is a Partner in the Assets & structured Finance Group.
Lucy’s practice focusses on ship, offshore, aviation and other asset and structured finance transactions. She has significant experience working on complex financing structures, export credit supported financings, sale and charter backs, distressed debt transactions and debt restructurings, especially in the maritime space.
She also regularly advises on the sale and purchase of aircraft, operating leases, the structuring and documentation of pre-delivery payment finance in the context of new aircraft orders and post-delivery aircraft finance. A further area of expertise is in drafting commercial contracts common to both the maritime and aviation industries (e.g. purchase contracts, charters, management agreements, leases and hire purchase contracts).
Her diverse client base includes major international ship, offshore and aviation finance banks, as well as shipowners, cruise companies, ship operators, offshore companies and aircraft lessors/airlines.
Lucy originally joined the firm in 1996 and has spent time in the firm’s London, Paris and Singapore offices. Between 2009 and 2013 she worked as senior legal counsel for European aircraft manufacturer Airbus in Toulouse, France, where she supported the sales, finance and asset management teams on all areas of their business.
She is recommended as an expert asset finance lawyer by legal directory IFLR 1000.
- Advised a French-led lending syndicate and Korean ECAs in the complex warehousing and restructuring of debt secured on a group of containerships.
- Advised a Norwegian-led lending syndicate on the refinancing of three crude oil carriers owned by a Singaporean operator.
- Advised an aircraft asset management team on the transitioning of aircraft on and off lease within various ABS structures.
- 1994 – 1995 · College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course
- 1993 – 1994 · College of Law, Guildford, Common Professional Exam
- 1990 – 1993 · University of Exeter, B.A. First Class Honours Degree in History
memberships & associations
- Law Society of England & Wales