Fadhil is an associate in the firm’s dispute resolution group.
Fadhil’s main practice is in the field of international trade where he specialises in maritime, commodities, energy and insurance related disputes.
He has experience advising owners, charterer’s, ship managers and P&I clubs on maritime casualties and disputes arising out of charterparties, bills of lading and marine insurance policies.
He has also advised local and international companies on disputes arising out of commodity sale and purchase contracts, oil and gas joint venture agreements as well as guiding companies through queries and investigations from regulatory authorities.
Fadhil’s experience extends to both Singapore Court litigation and international arbitration in various jurisdictions.
- Acting for a vessel owner in relation to a US$20m claim against a shipyard for damage done to the vessel.
- Advising and acting for a group of international banks in relation to their claims under various bills of lading which arose as a result of insolvency proceedings commenced against an oil trader in Singapore.
- Acting for an Indonesian-based coal trading company in relation to a US$23m dispute arising out of the termination of a coal offtake agreement and a shareholder agreement.
- Acting for a regional energy company in relation to US$40m dispute arising out of power plant joint venture agreement.
- Acting for a state-owned entity in a multi-billion dollar oil & gas dispute arising out of, amongst others, a long term product sharing agreement.
- 2016 · Maastricht University – School of Law (exchange programme)
- 2013 – 2017 · Singapore Management University
memberships and associations
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of Singapore Academy of Law
- Member of the Maritime Law Association of Singapore