Lui is a partner in the firm’s corporate and M&A group.
Lui advises domestic and international clients on investing and conducting business in Thailand. She is a specialist in compliance and legal requirements in relation to corporate and commercial operations and foreign direct investment in Thailand.
She advises on investment regulations, ownership structure, necessary and applicable licenses, corporate M&A contracts (e.g., joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements and other ancillary agreements), establishment of legal entities (e.g., joint venture companies, wholly-owned subsidiaries, branch offices, etc.), commercial contracts (e.g., distributorship agreements, sale and purchase agreements, loan agreements, and franchise agreements), licenses and permits (e.g., foreign business licenses, BOI and IEAT permits, licenses for restaurant and entertainment operation businesses, import-export licenses, and factory licenses), and immigration and work permit related matters.
As the lead advisor to a number of top multinational corporations in Thailand, Lui provides spot-on, timely, and practical counsel. For her excellent client services, she has earned the respect of her corporate and individual clients, as well as numerous accolades such as being named a leading individual in the area of Corporate/M&A by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific every year since 2002.
- Assisting a worldwide distributor of dental and healthcare related products, listed on the NASDAQ, in an acquisition and joint venture with a market-dominant Thai distributor of medical and dental equipment.
- Assisting a US based construction company to expand its business to other jurisdictions in Southeast Asia. Advised on corporate planning to support the company's global organization structure.
- Assisting a French client to acquire shares in a local lingerie company which holds land and manufacturing facilities. Planned and restructured ownership and activities of the company including preparing applications to obtain approvals from various government agencies.
- Assisting a US client in the sale of their 60% interest in a joint venture company to their Malaysian counterpart. Assisted the parties in drafting various agreements and documents, including compulsory corporate papers, to ensure that the full transfer of ownership was completed on schedule and in accordance with both parties’ complex plans.
- The American University, Washington College of Law, LLM
- Thammasat University, LLB (with honors)
memberships and associations
- Former Chair of Multilaw
- Thai Institute of Directors
- Former member of the Board of Thai-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce
- Lawyers Council of Thailand