Seven WFW deals win Marine Money “Deal of the Year” honours3 May 2018
Top maritime publication Marine Money has once again confirmed Watson Farley & Williams’ (“WFW”) position as a leading legal advisor to the industry, naming seven deals on which the firm has advised “Deals of the Year” in its “Breaking Out of the Pack – Dealmakers of the Year 2017” Awards.
This year’s winning WFW deals are:
- ECA – West: US$328m financing to Teekay for FSU and LNG carrier newbuild;
- ECA – East: US$318m to China’s CMBFL for five newbuilds;
- Offshore Restructuring – Ocean Rig restructuring;
- Project Financing – West: Sovcomflot financing for Yamal LNG carriers;
- Project Financing – East: Oryx LNG refinancing for Oman Shipping;
- Structured Finance: Exmar Floating LNG unit financing; and
- Recapitalisation: Brookfield’s strategic investments in and refinancings for Teekay Offshore.
Global Maritime Sector Head Lindsey Keeble comments: “I’m delighted that once again so many of the deals we have worked on have been singled out by Marine Money for their ground breaking and innovative nature, reinforcing WFW’s reputation as the leading firm for ship finance worldwide”.